Mold can be a serious problem if left untreated. The problem can originate from sudden water releases, like a burst pipe, or from an ongoing condition such as a leaky roof or pipe leak. No matter the cause, we will expertly remove mold or mitigate the damage quickly and effectively.
Mold can grow almost anywhere in a home or business if conditions permit.
If there is visible growth on painted wall surfaces, property owners should be concerned about what may be growing on the wall’s opposite side. The environment inside the walls of a house often differs drastically from the outside and could create a perfect haven for mold. If the wall remains wet for a prolonged period, it’s almost guaranteed that the mold growth on the back side will be worse than on the front. At that point, containing the work space and removing moldy materials, followed by cleaning of salvageable framing, are the best options.
Flood Masters of Colorado Certified professionals have the training and experience to:
- Identify moisture sources
- Evaluate mold growth (visible or suspected)
- Contain damage to the smallest area possible
- Physically remove contamination
- Dry materials to ensure that mold will not return
- Perform or recommend procedures for returning property to a pre-loss condition
- Make sure safety and health precautions are taken by cleanup professionals and occupants. Mold-contaminated buildings can be associated with a number of health problems. Anyone involved in the mold remediation process must be protected from exposure through a combination of practices and controls.
- A post-cleanup assessment by an independent environmental expert. An effective mold remediation cannot be developed without first determining the extent of the contamination to be removed. To ensure that remediation work is being properly performed, it is highly recommended that appropriate documentation of the remediation process be kept by project management.
- Control of mold before it spreads further. Eliminating mold at the source of contamination is essential. Once mold spores spread through the air, it will be much more difficult to capture.
- Oversee the proper physical removal of the mold. The mold must be physically removed from the structure. Attempts to isolate mold or remove signs of mold on the surface are not adequate. Note that bleach alone cannot kill mold.
- Ensure that moisture is controlled to limit future contamination or recontamination. Mold growth is virtually inevitable if moisture is not controlled. Moisture problems must be identified, located and corrected or controlled as soon as possible.
Flood Masters of Colorado-The emergency water damage professionals your neighbors trust
Flood Masters of Colorado is experienced in water damage clean up. Call us if your carpet, tile and stone floors, hardwood floors, drywall and ceilings are wet and damaged from floods, broken pipes, toilet overflows, rainwater, refrigerator water lines, washing machine hose breaks, snow damage, and dishwasher leaks. We are experts in drying wet carpet, wet carpet padding (except padding with vapor barrier), wet walls and ceilings, water damaged wood floors, wet layers of tile and stone floors. Flood Masters of Colorado has been recognized by South Metro Denver Chamber of Commerce.
Successful water damage restoration depends largely on immediate response and the fastest drying possible. To avoid mold, your wet carpets, walls, ceilings and hardwood floors should be dried within 36 hours. That is why Flood Masters of Colorado has crews on call 24 hours a day. In the Denver Front Range area Flood Masters of Colorado is a provider of the patented TES Drying System – The World’s Fastest Drying System. This combination of speed and technology returns your property back to normal in less than half the time of traditional drying methods.
Flood Masters of Colorado is proud to serve the Denver Metro Area, call us today!
A Cleaner Carpet